Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sugar & Spice

and everything nice. It is really hot here in unairconditioned Germany, living in the top floor, skylit, sun beaming (beating) in apartment with the shedding dog and corduroy couch. So here's a list of things I'm really enjoying:

1. AC in my car :)
2. Oscillating fans
3. Singing loudly in cornfields
4. Don Camillo Bolognese Sauce
5. Starburst Jellybeans
6. Spinach Dip
7. The Cannonhands CD I got in the mail today!
8. Porch Nights
9. Settlers of Catan
10. Evansville Living magazine (that I also got in the mail today!)
11. The latest pictures of my nieces and nephews
12. Orchids
13. Colossians
14. Fritz from "The Closer"
15. Tony's Creole Spice
16. German computer keyboards
17. Day dates
18. The French contemporary Christian radio station here

1 comment:

walter hammond said...

For some odd reason I got blog sent around to other blogs getting ideas and I came across yours. Of all the people in the world.
I know you probably don't want to hear from me and all, but over the past few years have been different since we have last seen each other. I went back to school and got my B.S. degree in Photojournalism. I just got back from Iraq yesterday taking pictures over there. Scary yet fun. I do conflict photojournalism.
And I couldn't be happier.
I finally found my place in a spiritual way. The one thing I never had when I was with you. I finally found my place in this world telling people's stories through pictures in times of war. It makes you think a lot. It makes you think in ways other people should never have to think.
I just started a blog. I need to get stuff off of my chest from what I saw when I was over there in the war zone. Next trip I am going on down to Samolia in Africa to get some cival war pictures.
But I know I am the last person you want to hear from or even talk to. If you don't respond back I wont be hurt. I will understand. I hurt you on a lvl that I can't understand and probably don't want to. But other than that I guess I need to get off of here. I need some sleep and do laundry. I still have sand in my clothes.