Friday, March 27, 2009

Les Mis & Word Twist

I should be packing...

School's out for 2 weeks!!! And you know how I celebrated? I came home to my favorite sweatpants, sang Sister Hazel loud enough that it probably made the neighbor's dog howl, cooked dinner, played some text twist (without feeling guilty for playing for 45 minutes), called my family, and read. What a wild woman I've become :)

I got to be a part of a miracle this week! Part of the aforementioned joys of travel week is seeing how God does the impossible with regard to travel visas. I'm responsible for getting visas for all of the students going away for spring break. One of the "toughest" countries drew many of us to our knees this week. A process that normally takes about a month was done in 2 days. By human law, reason, and logic, the student should not have been able to get that visa in such circumstances. Good thing we serve a God who is not bound by human regulations.

When I called the parents this week to tell them about the hangup, I was really surprised to hear myself say "I look forward to seeing this miracle happen" and realize that I actually believed it. Those aren't my words. On my own accord they sound quite cocky, but they weren't mine. My faith is characterized by doubt. It was God inviting that family and me to walk out on the water and not look down- to trust that He can do what we can't. Very cool.

Also very cool (on a much less spiritual note) that I will be in Evansville in 47 hours. Charlie's & BWW here I come!

No comments: