Thursday, April 2, 2009

from Southern Indiana




Writing from the comfort of my parents home, I'm happy to report that home is still comforting.

It's been so great to be here. The train ride & flights here were something straight out of a bad comedy- the mouth breather behind me on the train that made me ball fists and fight from turning around and smacking him awake; the chip chomper who had snacks to last the entire 9.5 hour flight on my right and the loud complainers on my left, the screaming seat kicker behind me, and the man who leans his seat all the way back even during meal time in front of me. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much. But 7 out of 10 doctors say that it's good for the bottom to feel the pangs of sleep deprivation (that which comes from let's say 42 hours without rest) every once in a while so that it appreciates regular sleep.

Mom, Dad, and another friend met me at the airport. I was very thankful for no welcome home throng since I'd been holding my ire at bay for so long. I was a tad bit grumpy :) We went to Dad & Mom's, ate the wonderful meats Mom had cooked, tried to reacquainte with the quads, and I was out by 7:30.

Monday held driving cars (yay!!), surprising some friends at their work places, riding in a semi to Owensboro, getting lost in the city in which I lived for almost 2 decades, some great Chinese food with family, and working out in a gym. I miss 24-hour fitness centers. Or any fitneses center actually because who am I kidding? I can't stay awake past 9:30!

Tuesday I got to meet two new baby friends, have chick flick time with my sister, drive my Mom's scooter around, and eat steak...mmmmmeat.

Today = more babies, guitar hero and Mexican food :) Life is good when days are spent just having one-on-one time with people (and working out and eating).

Next on the list: visiting my grandparents in Kentucky tomorrow, the Alabama BMV on Friday, and Georgia sometime Friday night/ Saturday morning. Be back Saturday!

No comments: