Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Productive Day

Within the last day I've gotten a phone, internet at home, online banking, and bought and insured a car. YaY!!!! These were the things that were overwhelming me, and in a short day, ta-dah! Amen :) So...now I can update my blog and add some pictures.

Yesterday was Opening Ceremony at BFA. The students come from 48 countries. They marched in behind their respective flags, and each country was introduced. It almost moved me to tears just thinking about how big of a thing I'm involved in. My role is small, but this school is so integral to work being done all around the world. I got to meet some students and parents and am excited about getting to know all these new faces!

Right now I'm so ecstatic to have access to the internet that I'm not even sure what to say! So I'll show some pictures...

Me and Steph (my fellow Hoosier) at Hochblauen

Sausenburg Castle ruins (just about 5km from my apartment)

Check out that sky...

Solveig, Rachel, Katie and Me atop Sausenburg

I need to start carrying my camera with me so I can show you guys more of life. It's definitely not all mountaintops and castleviews. The last week has been quite the emotional ride for me. Tonight I was able to articulate my greatest desire right now--to have a fully functioning heart. I feel like most of my heart is encased in a metal shell that has never really been broken into (and keeps people at an arm's distance) but significantly dented from some hammer blows trying to break in; and the nonhardened part is raw and missing large chunks- some given away, some ripped out. So, that's one of my main prayers right now, that God will do what it takes to get my heart to a place where I'm sensitive to Him and to people but still guarding my heart which is the wellspring of life. I've never found this balance, so I don't know what it looks like. I'm really hoping that to get a fully functioning heart that honors Him I don't have to go through total brokenness. But if that's what it takes to be genuine and effective then bring on the tissues. So, here's to a healthy heart!

2 comments:

DaddyB said...

I am so proud of you! I'm glad to see things are going so well. We love you!

Jenny B said...

WE LOVE YOU!!! (did you hear that....it was the babies saying it in unison:) that's what we're working on until you come home:) hah!)
Praying for you always! i love you
Jenny