Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Disclaimer

I suppose I should offer a disclaimer to all future roommates: I like to stretch my lungs :)

Katie just came and shut my door because she said we were having a battle of country and hymns. Apparently Josh Turner and I were winning because I didn't even know there was a battle.

Being cooped up in an office makes me need to be loud and active. And because I don't have the energy to go running tonight (sick again...), singing and dancing around my living room is the outlet of choice. But man, I would love to two step the night away. I wonder if honky tonks exist in Europe. I'll add that to my list of things to find/do. Already on the list are Sanssouci, snowboarding, a girls night in Prague, going to the baths, not being freaked out by video Skype, losing my voice at a Euro/Worldcup game, mastering the train system, and being swept off my feet in Glasgow.

Someday I will do those things. Right now, I know I'm stretching myself too thin, but I've also never been more compassionate and loving than God is making me right now. When things hurt the students hearts, it hurts mine, too. One of the guys had something written on his arm (in his own, made up language) that he heard during chapel a few weeks ago that has stuck with him and me:

BREAK MY HEART WITH WHAT BREAKS YOURS.

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

It has been great to connect with others enough to be broken hearted with what breaks theirs, but I crave being able to have that identification with Christ. I want to know His heart so well that it moves me to God glorifying thoughts, feelings and actions. I want us to resonate. And, I want to love as fiercely as He does. How in the world does one love fiercely? I'm not too sure, but I'm willing to bet that that is a prayer God would willing answer- Abba, teach me to love like You do... to love fiercely.


Side note... Josh Turner is pretty... and so is his voice.

No comments: