Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Relaxed Evening

Tonight is the first night that I've been home (and awake) in a few weeks. I haven't felt like myself lately; so I'm making a conscious effort to get back to Sarahness. My boss-friend Kristi pointed out that I don't goof off as much as I used to, and that's sad because silly = fun. I've also not been spending quality time in the Word, working out, cooking, reading, telling silly stories, dancing, playing soccer, singing at full volume, having one-on-one conversations and prayer time with people...basically the things that make me happy. I don't really know what I have been doing that has taken up so much time...working I guess? I really enjoy working, but not having stuff outside of work makes a pretty sad life. So, anyone who reads this, please take this confession as a request to keep me accountable.

Since Saturday I've made time in the Word and prayer priority.
Working out: I went for a pretty humbling jog today and seriously thought about lifting
Cooking: I made a pizza... it's a start. Better than just bread and chocolate.
Reading: I tried tonight but just couldn't get into the only genres I had on hand
Telling silly stories: Yep, definitely haven't told any stories lately :(
Dancing: I did lots of that over the weekend while by myself in the Sonne laundry room
Soccer: haven't played in weeks...maybe Sunday night if not too tired from a weekend of hiking
Singing: I just took a break from typing this so I could belt out some tunes, so I could write that I'd done it. Life feels constricted without stretching the lungs once in a while.
One-on-one conversations and prayer: I'm trying to engage people in real conversations and am asking for specific prayer requests from people. I feel like I get to talk with God about my friends more than I get to talk with my friends about God. I'm not sure if that's good...or if that's just the nature of the busyness beast of BFA.

As you can see, I'm working on getting back to me and living a meaningful life worthy of the calling. Friends, please check up on me every once in a while to help keep me on track to being a healthy, well-rounded person.

No comments: