Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life Soundtrack

I've been working on compiling my life soundtrack for a few years. I think it would be fantastic to have some kind of chip embedded in my head that would track my emotions and play the perfect song to match appropriate moments just like a movie-- Nickelback "Far Away" when being swept off my feet, Norah Jones or Amos Lee when walking through the hills enjoying the breeze by myself, Dane Cook telling the occasional joke, some Mortal Kombat soundtrack when needing to get out some frustration, Panic! at the Disco or Ludo after I realize my eyes have glazed over and I need to wake up, Marc Broussard when walking in the rain, Josh Groban when cleaning the house on Saturday mornings, Slipknot when in a cage fight (I try to be prepared for every situation)...you get the point. But tonight, I've decided that as great as it would be to have my personal soundtrack (with an off switch behind my ear of course), I would settle for Jon McLaughlin following me around with his piano. He is just so talented! It's a shame I made this realization after moving to Germany--I mean, we were living in the same state. We could've had some good times--him melting my heart with every smooth note he sings and me offering nothing but the joy of my company. Sounds fair :)

The past couple days have been the busiest yet at work, but I've also had some great time with friends!! There's not a whole lot I can tell about work that would be interesting to read; as exciting as the ins-and-outs of visa applications are, I'll spare you the details. Last night some RAs came over on their night off, and it was a blasty blast. Sam, Steph, Candy and I got some Asia Wok (yum) and brought it back to my home...dinner on the balcony was nice and great for relaxing after a week full of change for all of us. Then we hiked up to "my" gazebo. I can really only claim it because I live closer to it than any other BFA people, so I get the joy of early morning and late night visits (my 2 favorite city views, sunrise and city lights at night). Then today Nathan and Tim, my saviors of the day, offered a much appreciated break and let me have some good ol dorm food :)

I am very tired right now, but want to give you a story teaser-- Sunday afternoon while working around the house I found a very pretty floral box hidden under some flooring way back in the corner of a room- obviously a special treasure hidden by a child. I'll share what that special treasure is after I take a picture of it tomorrow...

No comments: