Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today's Thoughts

A few things I've pondered today... 1. I wonder if compulsive email checking will be included in the DSM-V? 2. Having a roommate is good practice for a future family. Katie has been asking me to read over some papers for the last week, but it (along with much of my personal life) has consistently taken a backseat to work. Living by myself for the last few years allowed me to be the occasional workaholic, but I can't do that and give enough time to maintaining our home. So, I'm learning a lot about priorities and boundaries. 3. God loves us to love others. I'm working on checking my motives- trying to avoid things of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility considering others before myself and loving. Someone asked me a few days ago if before I came to Germany I'd anticipated it to be a time of healing and significant growth. I never had mentally set this time apart as a special opportunity for Him to do works in me that He wouldn't have done otherwise. But, if things keep progressing how they are now, big things in my heart and life are going to happen while serving at BFA. I'm excited to experience even more of His plan, joy, and peace.

And because today was a workaholic day, I didn't take a picture to go along with that story I left hanging. Maybe tomorrow ;)

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

i gotta see the picture of the ******!!!:) haha. i didn't want to spoil the surprise! I LOVE YOU! and i'm glad that things are going the way they are for you!