Thursday, November 27, 2008

Productivity

It's amazing how much work one can accomplish when they stay at it for 19.5 hours. I've been working for days to enter all the students' flight information for Christmas break into a database that can spit out very useful reports, but distractions and projects kept taking precedence- the urgent over the important. So I decided today to work through the night and take off part of the day tomorrow. And whalah! It's 3:30am and it's mostly done! And by mostly done I mean I have done everything I can to organize those 1103 flights in the system without waking up some kids to ask them questions.

I'm so excited and relieved to finally have this huge chunk of my job squared away that now I can't sleep. I want to keep being productive! I tried laying on the floor for about 2 whole minutes then gave up on being able to shut my mind off anytime soon. So I did some nonograms (the silly little puzzles Nate got me addicted to), and my time was better than when I'm rested and such. Strange.

If I were in the States, I'd go grocery shopping then start cooking for Thanksgiving. But not only is everything closed in the little burb of Kandern, but I'm also locked in the school until 6am...Supposedly in an effort to discourage people from being workaholics, the sensors in the locks are changed so that people can't get in or out during the late night/ early morning. Then they just get people like me who stay the whole duration. Eh... oh well. I've got all day tomorrow to shop, cook, and move my bedroom back downstairs... unless I can figure out how to make the heater in my bedroom work. Literally, Monday night Cara and I were talking in my bedroom, and it was so cold we could see our breath!

So, everyone who has been asking why I am so happy to have my new sweatpants, there's the answer. My bedroom is the artic tundra... and because they make me want to run and slide across a smooth floor.

No comments: