Wednesday, December 3, 2008

True Friendship


Jafer, Asha & Me 2003.

I know a friendship is real when I can invite myself to someone's bachelorette party and bridal shower... and invite myself to stay at that person's apartment and be chauffeured to and from the airport at last minute's notice... and know that they would be ECSTATIC about it all!!!

That's my Asha :)

Ashaface, my best friend and college roommate, is getting married on Jan 16th, and unfortunately I can't go. So when she told me Monday that her parties were this weekend, you can imagine my excitement as I dreamed of crashing it!

So I busted tail Monday and Tuesday to get a week's worth of work done, bought my train and plane tickets today, and am headin out at 4:30 tomorrow morning!

I should be packing, sleeping, finishing up some work stuff, writing cards that I intend to mail from the States or getting together my 80s outfit for the party. But instead I'm watching Prison Break, eating Heath bars and penning odes in my mind about my love for Ashley as I reel in excitement.

Asha likes milk chocolate, and I like dark. Asha likes standing on desks when she doesn't get enough attention, and I like trying to knock her down. Asha loves her male family members...and so do I :) Asha likes doing hair, and I like having mine done. Asha likes to sip coffee, wear man pajama pants and read a book with her cats for days on end... then take a random trip to Vegas. I like to down my hot chocolate while tormenting her cats, and then take a random trip to New York. Asha likes to do silly things when she is "Shmashley," and I enjoy laughing at and taking care of her. Asha likes Gilmore Girls, and I like Prison Break. She likes Eloise and poetry, and I like soccer and fixing things. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, Ashley, you complete me. hahaha, just kidding. I know I could never compete with Frank the Tank.

Maybe I will write a list of remember whens on the flight. Like, remember when we threw the mattress out the fourth floor window? Or the day we became "blood sisters" after a wrestling match on concrete? Or when we listened to the animaniacs "nations of the world" song on repeat...in collge? :)

Ashaface is a true friend, and for her I am very thankful. It's too bad that we live on different continents and that she's about to become one of "those people"-- married ones who only hang out with couples, that is. Hmm, on second thought, are all your male family members married off?

Ok, it's 8pm and I haven't packed a thing. Time to go raid a girl's dorm for 80s gear.

Me and Asha 2003-4ish

No comments: