Monday, January 12, 2009

Reading

Dear Whoever Reads My Blog,

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I am completely enthralled by a fictional series about a vampire romance, but it's true. I love the Twilight series! I remember about a year ago making fun of Emily as she told me the gist of it, but I can no longer deny it's capability to captivate my attention. Mom mailed all 4 books in the series (after she read them all in 4 days) to Timmy who brought them back here when he returned from break. And I'm just as bad as she is! I read the first two in less than 26 hours... and these are not short books, although also not requiring much intellectual stamina to get through. Anyway, they are great. I identify with the lead chick in her emotion (or lack thereof) and her difficulty in letting someone love her. As a self-critical person it is very hard to let someone else love you, or even believe that they legitimately do. I realize that it's a terrible hypocrisy to love others despite their imperfections and think they couldn't do the same for me- probably quite prideful even- but I'm a work in progress.

Coming back a bit later, I just watched the Twilight movie. I found it disjointed and fragmented; I probably would not have enjoyed it had I not read the books. But, because I have, it was nice to put faces with the characters for whom I've developed an affinity. Dad's right. It it totally a chick flick. I smiled through most of it :)

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

so am i going to have to read these books so i can relate to you and mom?:) i won't be able to compete with your speed though....
love you
sis