Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Blurb

Today was fun. The cat's out of the bag that I'll be an RA at Maugenhard, although for the record, until I'm in with the Maug Men, the Sonne Knights are still my boys. I will always love my Sonne boys but given my current lack of driving privileges with the loving German government, it just made sense for me to be at the only boys' dorm in town. D told me today that he thinks I should hang my Sonne sweatshirt in my room in Maug to show my loyalty :) That's a good way to start pranks! I doubt the shirt would come back the same color or in one piece.

So now that students know, I'm taking the opportunity to ask them for advice... things they wish they could tell new RAs. I'm taking notes; so students, bring on the advice while you have the opportunity.

There was a home track meet this weekend, and I got to help out with long jump. Man, I love coaching! I was cheering for and yelling at all the teams. Hopefully next year I'll get to help coach track or soccer. That would be so much fun!!!!!!!

I got my Alabama driver's license in the mail today. Thanks Ashley! Thursday I'll take it to the German version of the BMV to see if I can drive again here. JOIN ME IN PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE. By German law, this won't work... but stranger things have happened. It's worth trying and fighting.

And I told you about losing money to the evil gas machine last week. My friend who speaks Swiss German called the station and they said they found the overage and would give it to me whenever I come back in with my receipt. How great would it be to hear a YES from the German government about my license and then drive into beautiful Switzerland and pick up some money to celebrate?

Since multiple people have said something about my blog name change, I changed it back. Ta dah! It was nice to know that at least a few people actually read this :) On that note, if anyone would like to join the list of folks I send emails to every few weeks updating what's going in my ministry, send me an email Sarah.Haymond@gmail.com There are many things I don't write on here because I don't know who reads this... so if you want the real heart matters and to know how to pray for me and what's going on in this unique place, that's the way to do it.

Life is hard but good. Some have asked how they can encourage me. Here are some sure fire ways:

1. Send me an email just telling me the everyday stuff about your life that you might think boring. It isn't to me. Although I sometimes am slow at responding (right Nate?), I really appreciate feeling like a part of people's lives and getting to grow friendships even while apart.
2. Music! I listen to music a lot now but will be doing so even more as an RA. I'll be spending hours every day in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up after 30 high school boys- some new music once in a while would be such a nice treat.
3. When you pray for me, tell me. It makes all the difference to KNOW people are behind me.

No comments: