Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Seal it for thy courts above

I love the song Come Thou Fount. I especially love singing it with a group of people who grew up singing hymns because they know how to do it right! You get the 80-year old men who aren't afraid to sing harmonies, and it just melts me. The last time I was in Germany, the only music I took along were a few praise and worship CDs. Considering I normally don't even listen to a whole song before I change it when I'm driving, much less a whole album, I expected myself to get really tired of "church music." But something incredible happened. Instead of having ridiculous songs about milkshakes and snappin yo fingers stuck in my head, it was all about God. It was awesome! I tell this because I've been glad to be singing "tune my heart to sing thy grace" over and over today.

Also today was Psalm 145.
"The Lord upholds all who fail, and He raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look expectantly to You, and You give them their food in due season. You open your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing." vv.14-16

As I read, I thought, "I'm a failure who is bowing down. My eyes and everyone's around me are looking to God

....interruption...someone just called to ask if they could support me financially. Thanks God!

ok, so...My eyes and everyone around me are looking to God to provide financially for Germany (very cool that that happened mid-typing-praying for it, by the way) because there is no way I can come up with $70,000 for the next 2 years! But, I know He will provide in due season. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks even! He opens his hand and satisfies. I love it.

This past weekend, I got to speak with several people at CFC about what God is doing in my life as well as at BFA. And today, I went back to visit my former work, Dr. Randall Brown Orthodontics, whom I highly recommend for your orthdontic care :), and told my story some more. And then some phone calls and emails and lots of pouring out of details and praying. So, tomorrow Emily and I are going to Holiday World to have some much needed relaxation and girl time.

Along with Come Thou Fount and Psalm 145, I've also really been burdened to pray for my new Janz Team family that I met in Canada 2 weeks ago. (Janz Team is my sending mission agency who handles all the paperwork and money.) I really want us single folk to been grounded in our significance in Christ and the married couples to be strengthened and closer than ever through the support raising process. I cannot understand what it's like to go through this as a husband feeling the need to provide for his family or a wife finding the boundary between trusting him in that while also actively raising funds. But, I do know how lonely it is for a single person to get rid of all your stuff, ask complete strangers for help and then not be able to share those feelings with anyone who is in it with you. It's really tough. So, I don't know if anyone is reading this yet, but if you're reading this and going through that, be encouraged that you're not alone. You can call me if you just need someone to listen. I've already done that to a couple people (special thanks to Susan).

No comments: