Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Week of Blessings

I can already tell that this is going to be a week of blessing, encouragement, sugar and spice and everything nice. Ok, maybe not that romantic, but I think it will be a great one! It started with CFC yesterday morning. I had a table about Germany set up in the hall again and got to meet some great people who are excited about my going to BFA. Then the party went well last night! My mom wins all kinds of awards for cooking and decorating. I would rather pull teeth from a small child than plan a party. So, she took care of it, and it was wonderful. My favorite foods and my favorite people. The pledges from yesterday at CFC and the party have put me somewhere around 75% of my needed support! And hopefully people sent stuff to Janz last week and will continue this week that will get me to 100! Oh, I'm just so excited to see God bring it and make me feel like a fool for stressing.

I talked to Michelle Young today, who serves at BFA as the Maugenhard dorm mom, and she gave me some tips on packing: "You will probably have a furnished apartment, and whatever else you need we can come up with. So don't take anything except clothes, books, medicine, and rain gear." AMAZING! She is a hero of mine, and I can't wait to hang out with that whole family. When I first told her that I'd be coming to BFA, she informed me that I will be spending Thanksgiving and any other "family times" with them in the dorm, and that those Maugenhard boys are going to end up being my 30 little brothers.

Yes, this week will be good. Last week was tough. Even my friend Nate told me that my blog seemed like it was full of frustrated undertones. (Is that how you said it, Nate? I hope I'm not misinterpreting your interpretation of my honesty). This week I will work on happier honesty :)

Please pray that I will be able to connect with the CFC finance team this week and get a motion going to help support me. And for God to move in the hearts of individuals to give the last bit needed. Because, again, how stinkin cool would it be to be at 100% by early next week?!?! (After the last support update saying 46%) OH I really want to go. My heart hurts in a good way :) Janz Team has a policy of letting missionaries head to the field once they have 80% of their support raised, but CFC requires 100% before boarding the plane. I'm glad that they require that because I would probably get to Germany, get into the groove of life chillin at the Eis Cafe and decide that I could make 80% work just so I wouldn't have to keep at that type of ministry. So, it's going to stink when I want to buy that plane ticket at 80%, but it will be good once I'm there with 100%.

FUNNY THINGS: For anyone that was at my party, I feel the need to explain that when I get embarrassed (say by a room full of people singing to me) I can't breathe very well. And that is why it took me about 10 tries to blow out my 23 candles.

Also, today I got carded at the library. The "circulation supervisor," as her name tag boasted, came up to the nice lady who was scanning my items and said, "I don't think that's the same person. Look how chubby her face is here." Haha. Then she asked for my ID in case I was trying to steal the chubby girls' access to the free public library and keep the Panic at the Disco CD I was borrowing. Good thing I know I'm not of an unhealthy weight. People are funny.

The Master Party Planner, Mom

No comments: