Tuesday, July 15, 2008

God made me laugh

The past few days have been ones of fighting for me. Fighting being sick. Fighting friends. Fighting frustration. Fighting the urge to just lay on the floor and feel pathetic.

In college, I used to sit in my dresser when I was sad...apparently...because Ashley, my former roomie, has mutiple pictures of me sitting in that drawer and calls them "sad sarah." Haha, I'm silly. If I still had a dresser big enough I would be tempted to sit in it.
So after I fought myself earlier to go running (more like bounce-walking), I came in exhausted and opened the Bible to 1 Corinthians. And God made me laugh.

"24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."



So I will continue to fight. I don't like it- it's hard and lonely. But I will fight to run in such a way that I may obtain an imperishable crown, being disciplined and preaching to others along the way. I will put on my fighting gear and continually train myself in the Word everyday.




1 comment:

Jenny B said...

i love you and i love seeing how much you are learning and i know there will be much more to come...praying praying praying that the next update from Janz is a large improvement:) love you sis.