Friday, July 4, 2008

Vacations and Faith

Do you ever have the thought, "why are the people I need most going on vacation when I need them most?!" It's a very self-centered thought of which I am guilty. The missions man at church is gone until July 21st. The two women in the personnel office at BFA who know about my housing are out until July 10th. (Where and with whom I am living are still up in the air as far as I know...as well as if there are any furnishings in the apartment/house/shanty/hut :) And the woman who provides weekly support updates is vacationing until July 7th. I just realized about 5 minutes ago that my target departure date is in 11 days and I don't know where I'm living or if I'm even remotely close to being able to buy plane tickets yet. Thus, God is forcing me to let go of plans and trust that no details have slipped His mind. And when He wants me there, He can get me there.

As of last week, I was at 50ish% support level. (CFC, my sending church, requires 100% to board the plane). But, I spoke with several people at CFC last week as well as a few at my other church, Resurgence. So, even though that 50% is a huge amount to me (about $1400/month more), it's not to God. And there are many people that's it's not huge to either. I really want to be on that plane in 11 days, and I know that it is possible. I mean, one fabulously wealthy person could write one check and take care of it. (If you, by the way, are fabulously wealthy and would like to be that person, feel free to email me at Sarah.Haymond@gmail.com and we will make arrangements. :)

I've listed the blogs of many of the friends I made in Canada a few weeks ago who I will be working with at BFA this fall. Check out their sites, and read their stories if you get a chance. Wonderful people who also need prayer, support, and encourangement.

No comments: