Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wowsers Bowser!

If the events of a week could be predicted by how the preceding Sunday goes, I would say that this week will be great. The past two weeks have followed the suit of their respective Sundays. Two weeks ago was the fun part of the roller coaster. Last week was the part of the ride after a fun drop when you hit the bottom and it turns into a dark tunnel at the same time, leaving your brain rattling in your skull. I say it's time to come back up and into the light.

It's only 1:30pm, but already today I've had face-to-face conversations with ALL of the people who were unreachable last week who are involved in the getting-me-to-Germany process. Three people handed me checks at church! I saw an old friend from high school who is doing missions in Sudan! I got to hear the stories from the Uganda Mission Team! And there is still a lot of day left! Still another church service, dinner with friends, a motorcycle ride, and some planned quality one-on-one talk time.

Today is good. And last night I learned that I really like the game Rock Band. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better because hopefully there will be plane tickets involved :)

I'm so excited I need to bake something...and watch some more Scrubs and Lost in German. Dr. Cox talks way too fast for me to understand his tirades on Scrubs, and if I didn't know the story of Lost in English, I would probably be...lost. But German TV is definitely a more fun way to study than just reading the dictionary.

And, I found some new quality German music to add to my collection, Massiv. He uses the word ghetto a lot. I like it. And, if anyone is interested, Kandern has a city website.

No comments: