Friday, July 11, 2008

Clarity of Conscience

This is the conviction stick I've been beaten with over the last few days:

"As for myself, I do not care if I am judged by any human court. I do not even judge myself. I know of no wrong I have done, but this does not make me right before the Lord. The Lord is the One who judges." 1 Cor 4.3-4

I wish I had this clarity of conscience. I cannot even fathom in my depraved mind right now being able to say "I know of no wrong I have done." I want that though! It would be so freeing. So, the first step toward that for me is reconciling some relationships. In the past few weeks, I've tried to contact a few people with whom I have strained relationships. I don't know if they are "fixable" or not, but I have to humbly try.

To balance those out though, I've spent a lot of time cementing some solid friendships before I leave. Starbucks time with Jenna, Jenn, Micah, Dana, Amanda, Molly, Marie, Carly, Matthew & Caitlyn. Wow, for not being a coffee drinker, I sure have spent a lot of time at Starbucks this week. I don't like that "hanging out" time seems to revolve around food or beverage; I much prefer walks, bike rides....anything active really. Walks with Nate and Alissa. Motorcycle time with Brian. Driving lesson with Amanda (now she could steal a Viper if she needed to). More food with Kelly, Emily, and Korie. And some quality phone time with my new BFA friends- which has also been great building foundations for those friendships.

My sister and I gave our parents a family portrait session for their 30th anniversary. So, we did that this week too. The kids were so cute. Here are a couple pre-shoot photos:
1. Baron with his slick hair
2. Anna waving her hand so fast that it blurred!
3. Ben the Roly Poly
4. Allie: Are you really taking another picture?

No comments: