Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Break in Stride

Sometimes a girl just needs to go on a date. And today was that day. As EXCITED as I am about going to Germany, today I needed a little break from thinking...! Dinner and a movie were deemed necessary. So, me and my bottle of orange juice (a.k.a. Mr. Minute Maid...Mr. Dole wasn't available) went to see The Dark Knight. Good movie; a bit long. But Christian Bale (one of my top 5 actors) all buffed up, talking in his deep voice, taking punches like they're fluffy clouds attacking, riding a motorcycle, stitching his own wounds...poor Mr. Minute Maid didn't stand a chance. He's just too little and sweet. My man Christian, however, certainly has come a long way since Newsies.

It was nice to not think for 3 hours. I'm not a dinner and movie kinda girl, but that was good.


By the way, this is my new favorite picker-upper. When I need a chuckle, this is where I turn. It is full of great lines like "toughness and victory will be yours. Master the two-finger jab and you will defeat anyone."

Watch out, boys, I've been practicing. I also now know how to defend myself from an uzi. This treausred piece of literature is going to Germany with me; so if you will be in Germany as well, I highly recommend coming over and studying LIGHTNING JU-JITSU. You never know when someone wearing a sport jacket with a bazooka slung around his back might put you in a full-nelson.

Hey Everyone, I got Skype today. I haven't used it yet though; so, if you have it as well and would like to show me the ropes my contact name is SarahHaymond

No comments: