Wednesday, July 2, 2008

God is faithful

"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Cor. 1:9

I just started on 1 Corinthians today and was already reminded that where God leads He provides.
------------------------------------------------

I cracked open the German books today! I told myself that once I stopped working I would be a studying machine. I've been off of work and back from orientation for over a week, and I just now got the courage to find out how much I've forgotten. Viel. A lot. I studied / watched old episodes of So You Think You Can Dance for a couple hours today and probably will for another 2 tonight. Actually, German is the only thing on my list that doesn't make my stomach tie in knots. The things I need to do are as follows: study German (not too bad but definitely not an attention holder), make phone calls (to people I don't know well asking if they would like to help support my ministry), pack (where to start?!), plan my birthday/going away/support team party (I couldn't care less about decorations, and I really get uncomfortable at the thought of having to entertain people). So, studying German was the obvious choice.

Praise. Today I came to a point where I really just wanted to lay on the floor and let myself feel overwhelmed by everything going on, but I knew if I did that then I would be letting Satan grab my foot so he could keep me on that floor and not doing any of the aforementioned things. And even though I knew that I shouldn't, I'm a weak woman...and I did... and about 10 seconds later one of my new BFA friends called and got me up off the floor. I'm so thankful that God uses friends and family to encourage me at just the right time. And I'm thankful for Viki calling when she did because I probably would've layed there for a long time (and not studied any German).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death where is your victory? O Death where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; BUT THANKS BE TO GOD, WHO GIVES US THE VICTORY THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
THEREFORE, MY BELOVED BRETHREN, BE STEADFAST, IMMOVABLE, ALWAYS ABOUNDING IN THE WORK OF THE LORD, KNOWING THAT YOUR TOIL IS NOT IN VAIN IN THE LORD. 1 Cor. 15:50-58

All that to say.... I just finished reading through 1 cor last week... I know it's a little bit of a long and strange verse, but that ending packs a punch!

I had the same overwhelming feeling today... isn't it discouraging... I had to take the day away, went to starbucks for a few hours, and reread most of 1 & 2 Cor.

God is good, even in the troubled times. In the end what matters is that we cling to His love, it never leaves us we simply miss it sometimes, and don't stop letting Him love you as Abba Father.

I'm praying for you, as I know your praying for me and the rest of our team as well. I can't wait till we have our family reunion in Germany this August.